The National Network of
Latest: NNAC response to BIS Call for Evidence
NNAC endorse NADP's comprehensive paper and thank them for commissioning this important research. NNAC are pleased to add the network's support to this paper.
A key point in the discussion that concerns managers and DSA assessors is the potential for withdrawal of funding for a computer as part of a support package that may be recommended for a disabled student. Continue reading...
We currently represent the majority (approximately 70%) of DSA Assessment Centres in England and all centres in Wales. Our membership consists of a broad range of DSA assessment providers including those based in higher education institutions, private businesses and the Open University DSA service.
Based on our collective knowledge, we have a comprehensive understanding of the DSA process. We use this experience to contribute to sector consultation regarding good practice in the assessment and support of people with disabilities and specific learning difficulties.
Membership is open to all centres providing Disabled Students' Allowances assessments that are accredited by DSA QAG and thus operate in compliance with the criteria in the Quality Assurance Framework.
See full details of benefits of membership.
If you are interesting in applying, or discussing your application, please contact us.
We look forward to you joining us!
- Consultation with members regarding changes to and evolution of the DSA.
- Assessing the implications and impact of any change, both in relation to disabled students and member services.
- Communicating any change management issues appropriately.
- Working with stakeholder colleagues in the identification of standards in assessment.
- Ongoing representation on stakeholder groups (see below).
- Pilot of assessor Competency Framework.
- Partnership working with stakeholder groups including National Association of Disability Practitioners.
Representation on stakeholder groups
- Disabled Students' Allowance Quality Assurance Group (DSA-QAG)
- NHS Disabled Students' Allowance Stakeholder Interest Group (NHS DSA SIG)
- Disabled Students' Allowance Stakeholder Group (DSSG)
- DSSG Assistive Technology Group
- Continuing Improvement Discussion Group (CIDG)
Dates for your diary
- Executive meeting: 23rd May 2013
- Annual meeting and AGM: 20th June 2013
- Central - Tuesday 7th May 2013 - Accesscentral, Longbridge
- North East - Wednesday 8th May - Sunderland University
- North West - Wednesday 8th May - Lancaster University
- South West - Thursday 9th May - University of West of England
- South East - Friday 10th May - RNIB King's Cross, London
Regional training consortium events
- Central - Wednesday 15th May - Loughborough University
Any queries? Email <firstname.lastname@example.org>