Hunkins cHoice Limited
Updated May 30th 2015
Tel:- 0333 210 0173
We are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
West/East Midlands area including:
- Coventry University
- Coventry University College
- University Of Birmingham
- Birmingham City University
- Newman University, Birmingham
- Aston University, Birmingham
- Wolverhampton University
- The Open University
We are the only Specialist Mental Health Mentoring Service based in the West Midlands and all mentors are fully trained in Mental Health.
We are able to support deaf students or those who use Sign and are also managing a mental health difficulty. We have qualified BSL interpreters, natural signers and all are qualified in mental health discourse.
We offer 1:1 meetings for students to discuss all mental health and related concerns which impact on study. We can offer support face to face or remotely via Skype or telephone. We also have a variety of international links with mental health professionals who manage our face to face support to students on placements abroad.
We run group work focus sessions. This support is offered to students from different universities to meet together, based in one generic location facilitated by a specialist mentor. The aim is to:
- Reduce isolation and encourage engagement with peers.
- Provide peer support which offers shared understanding of managing mental health issues relating to HE study.
- Enhance skills in communicating, studying, and managing difficult traits/behaviours associated with mental distress.
- Provide workshops in skills that are often exceptionally challenging for those in mental distress. For example, managing presentation requirements, coping with exam stress and dealing with work placements professionally.
Study skills support:-
Many students benefit greatly from mentoring but may also benefit from study skills support, especially when provided by mentors that understand how to deliver support in the context of managing mental health issues at the same time. We have mentors experienced and qualified in both mental health and study support.
Charge rates 2015:-
- 1:1 Specialist Mental Health Mentoring = £68ph within Birmingham / £72.50ph outside of Birmingham
- 1:1 Skype, Telephone or other remote support = £62ph
- Group session = £57.50 per session